Saturday, July 27, 2013

{Piggy Paint} Natural Nail Polish Review

My daughter was watching me put eyeshadow on the other day {A SUPER rare occurrence in this house.} and wanted some of her own. I had some obvious reservations about putting makeup on her face, but there was a bottle of nail polish on the counter so I thought 'what the heck?' and began to paint her nails.

She sat there patiently as I put a tiny drop on each of her adorable little nails. Never wiggled or got bored. Enthralled in the idea that her fingers were now a pretty pale pink. When I was done she immediately went to show daddy, proud of her new look. 

A few days later I returned home from work to a toddler with that same pretty pink color on her hands and arms. Daddy had tried to paint her nails. {Insert 'awww' here, I know, I know.} 

Since then she's brought me the bottle a few times, but I'm super hesitant to continue this because of the strong odor nail polish has. It just can not be good for you, and certainly isn't good for a young developing set of lungs and brain. 

So the hunt began. We went shopping, and you would be amazed at the looks I got when I asked in store after store if they sold a natural or low odor nail polish. You would have thought I had asked for a paper free greeting card. Seriously. 

We ended up at Wal-Mart ... the least likely place, or so I thought. And that's where we found it ... 

                      Piggy Paint. 


  The slogan reads "As natural as mud."
                                                                                         I love this stuff {so far}. 

It smells natural, almost like mud, more accurately like clay, there's no harshness or offensiveness to it. The colors are super cute, vibrant pinks and purples {or that's what Wal-Mart carried}. The first ingredient listed is water. Plain. Simple. Water. It's non-toxic, eco friendly, and hypoallergenic. Makes me feel alot better about my daughter putting her fingers in her mouth {to eat dirt} after they're painted. 

So how does it work? It only took two coats to get a smooth perfect finish that dries to the touch in less than 60 seconds {two rounds of the ABC song per the website. Hee hee} and I cleaned the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher just minutes after it dried without a chip or scratch to be found. Amazing if you ask me. 

I bought these for my daughter, but you better believe I will be using them as well. We'll see how it holds up to the hand sanitizers at work. {That's the true test.}


And what is more adorable than a little girls pink fingernails?



We also purchased the polish remover. I love that the main ingredient is corn alcohol, nothing too awful AND it too doesn't have an offensive odor. It works great, especially to get the excess polish off the skin from the wiggles. I used a Q-tip to do this.

All in all, so far, great product!! So glad I found it!



No comments: