Thursday, January 17, 2013

Here it goes ...


One thing I have learned these short nine months that I have a lot to learn.


I'm new to this parenting gig. The proud mother of a beautiful, smart 9 month old baby girl and a 5 year old kitten; wife to [quite possibly] the most amazing husband there is. Note I said 'amazing' and not 'perfect'. 

I also work full time as an RN at the local hospital, caring for mostly patients after abdominal surgeries [gall bladders, appendix, bowel resections, and the like]. We live on a quite suburban street with many other young families. My husband is a full time student (also medical field). Nothing too exciting. Day to day life.

Being a nurse, I research EVERYTHING. I'm talking review of the current research studies on shampoos. [Well maybe not that bad.] We've decided at Attachment Parenting fits our personalities, lifestyles, and the way we want to parent the best. I am not offended if you don't agree with anything I post or believe, all I ask is that you are nice about it and I will do the same. Nice is one thing we can agree we all want to teach our children [neighbors, spouses, families, coworkers, friends, store clerks, telemarketers ...] and modeling is the best way to teach. 

I started this page as a place to write and reflect, share and receive.  Nothing special. [Maybe  to get away from Facebook a bit too.] Glad to have you. Please make yourself at home. :o)




Madison and I playing in the park with Daddy.

No comments: