Monday, February 25, 2013

Jello Sensory 'Sea'



I saw this idea on Pintrest, however the pin doesn't give any details on how to make it happen, and the process was quite a trial and error and error and error process. So here's my tips on how to make it happen.

I layered the jello over a couple days, and realized that I may have gone a little overboard, about 3-4 inches would have been sufficient. Oops.

I learned quickly that hot jello melts hot jello. Again, oops!

I used a dish basin, you can find them in the same aisle as the dish drain racks, and a bag of inexpensive bath toys, I decided on fish and therefore bought blue jello. The perfectionist in me then HAD to have blue jello, of course. Bad idea, really bad idea. My daughter looked like she had no blood flow to her hands for a while. One more time, oops.

I did two boxes at a time, so boil 4 cups of water, add 2 packets of jello, melt then add 4 cups of cold water and pour into the basin. Let it set up, then push the toys down into the jello. I suggest you then use the 'quick set' instructions for the next layer, this will ensure the jello doesn't melt and release the toys you just set.

I also suggest that you do this on a warm summer day, outside, with a garden hose near by. Or rinsing off in the sink works too.


More pictures ... because she's just too darn cute. *smile*










No comments: